Morgan – Lippitt Bloodlines
by Gail Perlee
Foundation stock acquired by Robert Lippitt Knight in 1927.
- Ashbrook (Croydon Prince x Nancy x Ethan Allen 2nd)
- Moro (Welcome x Polly Rogers x Ethan Allen 2nd)
- Nekomia (Croydon Prince x Nancy x Ethan Allen 2nd)
- Croydon Mary (x Croydon Prince x Ethan Allen 2nd)
- Green Mt Twilight (x Rob Roy x Ethan Allen 2nd)
- Adeline Bundy (Rob Roy x Ethan Allen 2nd)
- Trilby (Ethan Allen 3rd)
- Mary Allen (Ethan Allen 3rd)
Aims of the breeder: Preserve the Morgan breed in its purest form.
Some of the well-known individuals produced by this line:
|Lippitt Ethan Ash
||Lippitt Miss Nekomia
|Lippitt Rob Roy
||Lippitt Dusky Kate
||Lippitt Ethan Georgia
||Moro Hills Royrita
|Moro Hills Medallion
- Prefixes of breeding programs based on the Lippitt lines: Dyberry, Moro Hills, Royalton, Ruthven, Town-Ayr, Westfall, Arkomia (cross to Archie O), Ashbrook, Medallion, Marvelous, Meredith, Trilbrook, Furbrook, Rohan, Equinox, Stillwater, Tradition, Ryegate, Ransomvale, Ashbrook & Echobrook.
- Characteristics of the family: Highest percentage of the blood of Justin Morgan; Type; Intelligence; Sturdy; Easy keepers.
- More Information:
- Morgan Horse Magazine, Lippitt Issues (July & August 1973);
- Lippitt Club
- Pacific Northwest Directory, 4th Edition (1875);
“New Look at and Old Family” p. 11, July 1966;
“What is a Lippitt” p. 106, Feb 1984Note: All issues of Morgan Magazine are at PMHA.
Address: P.O. Box 802, Georgetown, KY 40324
Phone: (502) 535-4803 •
Cell: (270) 735-5331 ·