Morgan – Government Bloodlines
by Gail Perlee
Foundation stock acquired by the U.S. Government starting in 1905.
- General Gates (Denning Allen x Fanny Scott)
- Troubador of Willowmoor (Troubador x Scott)
- Mrs Culver (Harrison Chief x Billie x Cabells Lexington)
- Artemisia (Ethan Allen 2nd x mare by Cushings Green Mountain)
Aims of the breeder: Preserve the best Morgan characteristics while weeding out faulty conformation, increasing size and converting from driving to saddle type to create the ideal cavalry horse.
Some of the well-known individuals produced by this line:
|Upwey Ben Don
- Prefixes of breeding programs based on the Government lines: UPSEY, DEVAN, U.C., UNH, BAY STATE, UVM.
- Characteristics of the family: Size; Correct conformation; Good gaits.
- More Information:
- Morgan Horse by Jeanne Mellin, p. 207-230
- Morgan Horse Magazine, Goverment Issues (July & August 1975);
“Early Government Morgans” p. 26, July 1971;
Trophy Issue (July 1983)Note: All issues of Morgan Magazine are at PMHA.
Address: P.O. Box 802, Georgetown, KY 40324
Phone: (502) 535-4803 •
Cell: (270) 735-5331 ·